Deadpool….

February 15, 2016, 7:51 AM

Went to see this Sunday night and it was pretty darn good. A lot of humor and sarcasm. Plenty of action… Previews for Suicide squad look fantastic.

This is Rated ‘R’ and not for young kids. It is Rated R for a reason. I saw some idiot parents with kids about 7 or 8 years old. And most of them left in the first 15 minutes when they realized how Adult this movie was regarding content…

This movie did some big numbers and is a Huge hit for Fox who just laid a dud with Fantastic 4 and they needed a win.
This is the Best Opening weekend for an ‘R’ rated movie.

Please add your thoughts Frances...

Replies (23)

February 15, 2016, 8:44 AM

Whats
My
Name?

Edited: February 15, 2016, 9:53 AM

My friends and I are all 14 and we are not allowed to see it. However we do know a lot of people younger than us who saw it.

From what I understand, this movie really deserved its rating. It's not a Kings Speech or No Country For Old Men which could easily be passed off for PG-13. This is some adult stuff.

February 15, 2016, 10:01 AM

Sorry to hear that Juan but in all seriousness the is a lot of Adult things... Maybe if you were 16 it would be OK.

I also understand you can see\find anything on the Web nowadays.
There are some things that a 14 year old should not be exposed to. This is definitely an 'R' rated movie.

Maybe your parents can go see it first then decide if it is too much for you. I would not take child if they were still 14.

Edited: February 15, 2016, 11:04 AM

Saw the movie twice! Let's just say that it was AMAZING. Easily one of my favorite superhero movies. And yes there is a lot of gore, profanity, violence, and some inappropriate scenes, but that just made it all the more awesome. I'd rate it a 9/10 and would reccomend anyone to go and see it... It truly was amazing.

February 15, 2016, 12:11 PM

Ha I saw it and I'm 13. It's an R movie, but Juan you should see it when you can.

There were to many little kids in the theater when I saw it that shouldn't have been there.

February 15, 2016, 1:14 PM

I'm looking forward to see it, however I can't see Disney putting in a Deadpool attraction anytime soon. I'm just imagining a meet and great...

Edited: February 15, 2016, 2:10 PM

Haven't seen the film, but just based on what I have heard and read about it and the character, I don't think Deadpool will ever find a home in a Disney park.

Edited: February 15, 2016, 6:22 PM

Not so fast, my friend.

Although Deadpool is not the most "Disney" character, he was been featured on Disney Channel. Below is some proof.

51d33e2bae405

So yeah, I could totally see Deadpool at a Disney park, but it would be a much more tamed down version, like the one featured on Disney XD.

Edited: February 15, 2016, 6:34 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Deadpool owned by Fox, much like X-men and Fantastic Four.

February 15, 2016, 6:47 PM

I went and saw this movie on Saturday. It was pretty good, though I imagine it would be better if I had more knowledge of Deadpool before seeing the film (I saw it mainly because of its relation to X-Men, which I am familiar with). It has a ton of humor and several good action sequences, but it is very fast paced and other than the title character there is limited character development. I do agree that this one definitely deserved the R rating (unlike some movies which receive it on a technicality) and would not recommend the film to anyone under high school age.

As for a theme park attraction, I do not know if Disney has the rights to Deadpool, but even if they do it would be a really poor choice. If you tried to adapt the character as seen in the movie, the ride would not be family friendly at all, and if you did a family friendly version of Deadpool then fans of the film wouldn't care for it. For theme park attractions, stick with the MCU characters, which appeal more to "all audiences" instead of "adult audiences."

February 15, 2016, 7:59 PM

Juan, just do what I did when I was 14. I bought tickets for The Princess and the Frog, waited outside the theater for The Hangover and waited until the previews were over and the theater was dark to sneak in.

February 15, 2016, 10:20 PM

No offense, but I'm going to shoot the above suggestion down because there are theatres who constantly check tickets, even during the movie, to prevent that from happening.

February 15, 2016, 11:48 PM

@James Trexen I don't know what type of theaters you've been in, but I have yet to see a theater like that.

February 16, 2016, 7:37 AM

When I saw Bad Grandpa, there were attendants outside making sure I had the right ticket. During the movie, ushers came in with flashlights to make sure no one had snuck in. Theatres do this when they believe there is a movie that underage kids will try to sneak in to, as happened when the South Park and American Pie movies came out. Since this movie had such a massive opening, I'm sure attendants will be attentive for at least a couple of weeks. I'm only saying this because I don't want to see someone potentially waste their money on something that may not work.

February 16, 2016, 12:03 PM

Gotta ask here... which would the average person find worse: Kids buying tickets to Disney animated movies only to sneak into R-rated flicks, or grown-ups buying tickets to R-rated films then sneaking into Disney movies? ;^)

Edited: February 16, 2016, 1:59 PM

So Robert, my Deadpool ticket won't get me into Zootopia? What a rip!

That was a great comment BTW.

Since I haven't spoken about the actual topic of this thread, I'll do so now. I haven't seen the film and really had no intentions, but the strong word-of-mouth and box office figures has me reconsidering it. But Deadpool will very likely not go into a Disney park. Since this is a Fox movie, it could be possible that he'd go to one of the upcoming Fox parks overseas, but that'd require working a deal with Marvel, and by all accounts, those two companies do not have a healthy relationship.

February 17, 2016, 5:58 PM

I think Deadpool can show up. If the rum drinking, prostitute chasing Jack Sparrow can find a place on a ride, Deadpool can show up and say hi to the kids.

February 18, 2016, 12:15 AM

Saw the movie and it's definitely not for kids. I think some parents in my place are actually looking at cinema posters and saw this one was rated R. Haven't seen them carrying around their sons and daughters in the theater. But nobody ever followed Deadpool on his end of credits advice.

Now on the case about being a Disney park member? I don't really see it happening just because I've never seen Marvel characters on a Disney park before. Or did they? Pls correct me if I'm wrong. LOL

February 18, 2016, 5:26 AM

I think it is for WDW and it is very narrowly defined. For example, Disney can use Guardians of the Galaxy.

February 18, 2016, 5:38 AM

@Anthony Murphy
They can't use Gardians for a ride because they are officially in the marvel cinematic universe.

February 19, 2016, 12:10 AM

Jaiden, I don't believe that's accurate. WDW in my understanding are free to use any Marvel Characters in the parks (east of the Mississippi), so long as they aren't now or in the past being used by USO. So Deadpool would probably be safe, as would Guardians.

It's a point of constant explanation by our esteemed Mr Niles, but I do think it's unlikely we'll ever see a significant Deadpool presence in the parks.

February 19, 2016, 1:16 PM

@Grant Crawford
I heard that from Jim Hill plus I read the contract.

February 23, 2016, 12:12 AM

Deadpool isn't really for kids so I think that's one good reason why we won't see him in parks in the near future.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive