Payphones

Edited: October 21, 2015, 9:51 PM

Something has recently left Disneyland park, although most people wouldn't notice. There are no longer pay phones at Disneyland Park. The very last set, which were ironically located in Tomorrowland, were recently removed. Pay phones can still be found at DCA, the hotels, Downtown Disney and the parking ramp. While its not a surprise, the inadequate phone coverage at Disneyland should be a bigger concern than removing payphones. While pay phones are largely obsolete, they are still used, especially by international travelers. Also Disney better repaint the sidewalk, or put something else in its place to hide the evidence. Thoughts?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/phones-688554-pay-resort.html

Replies (5)

October 21, 2015, 9:57 PM

Disneyland reps said in the story that guests could ask a cast member for help if they had an emergency and needed to contact someone, bit didn't have a phone with them.

This made me imagine a guest being taken into a darkened room, where a cast member would open a desk drawer of burner phones, Saul Goodman-style. I want to believe that this would happen. :^)

Edited: October 22, 2015, 10:54 AM

Disney should offer all domestic calls for free. The only hindrance is if anyone is hogging the line. Many household phone lines have unlimited calling. The idea that you have to feed a payphone for 3 minutes at a time is ludicrous. International calls is an entirely different thing. Then again, they don't need to make these phone calls at Disneyland. Disneyland can sell international calling cards and let the guests use them in quiet phone call locations at the main entrance. Maybe charge the guests $10 to rent a phone for 30 minutes for free domestic calling or use a calling card for international calls.

October 22, 2015, 2:15 PM

Maybe they should just make all the pay phones like the ones at the Kwik-E-Mart . You can call someone if you need too, but if you don't you can just listen to some funny messages.

October 22, 2015, 5:00 PM

Disney Thing ... There are kids who have the number to the phone number to the publics in the UK pavilion ... And they call and talk to guests.

October 22, 2015, 5:21 PM

I need that number.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive