Girl, 10, dies after losing consciousness after going on Revolution ride in Magic Mountain

June 15, 2015, 6:00 PM

Have to wait for the autopsy, but my guess is an undiagnosed health issue.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-girl-dies-magic-mountain-ride-20150615-story.html

Replies (3)

June 15, 2015, 6:52 PM

Maybe has nothing to do with this horrible situation, but let's take the opportunity to remind everyone:

1) Know your health and abide by the posted health restrictions on every ride.

2) Drink plenty of water BEFORE and during your visit to stay hydrated.

3) If you feel too warm, get in the shade. You're not getting any value out of ticket by being miserable.

4) If ever you feel dizzy or lightheaded, sit down! Do not get on a ride. Go sit in an indoor restaurant and take a break. If the dizziness or lightheadedness persists for more than a moment after sitting, have someone ask a park employee to call first aid.

I'm at a loss for how to comfort anyone associated with this child, who clearly deserved to have a fun day and then to get on with the rest of her life. But, at least, I hope that we can help remind people to care of themselves while visiting the parks, to help prevent potential future tragedies.

June 16, 2015, 5:56 AM

Adding to Robert's post, if necessary seek assistance from park personnel. Virtually every theme park has a first aid office and/or in-place procedures to address a potential health-related situation.

Don't hesitate to ask for help!

June 18, 2015, 4:24 PM

Very tragic, and my heart goes out to the family... Due to religious reasons, the family will not be doing an autopsy. While I understand that, I think for this case the issue might have been a pre-existing condition (such as brain aneurysm), and an autopsy would have helped to show cause of death.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive