SF Great America Polling Season Passholders

October 6, 2024, 7:09 PM

SFGA is currently polling their season passholders about the installation of a new kids area. This is not surprising considering their current kids areas are all lacking theming, unkempt, untaken care of, and generally lacking. (One area is the former Wiggles area near the American Eagle, which has seen better days, and the other is the former Toon area that was themed to Cartoon Network (Hanna Barbera) properties like the Jetsons and Scoobie Doo.) I'm not sure that a new kids area moves the needle, but at least it would address a gaping hole for parents with young kids.

Replies (2)

October 6, 2024, 9:14 PM

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, I can't wait to see what comes of it

October 6, 2024, 11:13 PM

There was a point where SFGAm had 3 pretty great areas for little kids at the same time: Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes National Park, Camp Cartoon Network, and Wiggles World. Then add in Sky Trek Tower, the Railroad, Carousel (for decades they had 2), and Whizzer which has a height requirement of only 36"...SFGAm was one of the best parks in the country for people with little kids.

They lost the rights to Cartoon Network and the back half of that area has been SBNO for something like a decade now. They lost the rights to Wiggles, and then the tent collapsed and the area looks neglected as hell now. They removed Looney Tunes National Park and moved those awful gaudy go-karts literally right in the middle of the park. Sky Trek Tower and the train are hit or miss in regards to being open.

Considering they are getting a big new coaster this year I think focusing on kids areas after that are a no-brainer. This park is one of the major cash cows of the chain and there isn't any reason for their kid's areas to be in such sad shape, and a Peanuts area would be a great fit. "Camp Snoopy" would go well in Yukon.

They also need to get Sky Trek and the Railroad operating reliably on a daily basis. I was going to go last year but then learned BOTH of them were closed so decided not to, and on top of that I think Camp Cartoon was closed as well. If I had paid for tickets and parking just to get there and have that happen I would have been p*ssed!

Vacation deals

Park tickets

Subscribe by email

Subscribe by RSS

New attraction reviews

News archive