Treating yourself while on Vacation.

August 1, 2024, 9:24 AM

Tell us what you love to indulge or treat yourself to on vacation. Something you do only on vacation. (And don’t say Dole whip.)

Two years ago we tried - Gideon's Bakehouse in Disney Springs. Huge ½ pound cookies. And it did not disappoint. Although the cake slices we decent but we loved the cookies.

We heard about them and wanted the whole tourist experience, so we got there ½ hour before they opened and waited in line.

Can’t wait to do that again one day.

Replies (4)

August 1, 2024, 11:33 AM

I do tend to go more for bigger treats like ice cream bars and such as one benefit of Disney parks is you walk off extra weight.

August 1, 2024, 11:45 AM

Oh yea that is correct Mike, we looked at the steps once after visiting a park and it was between 4 and 5 miles....

August 2, 2024, 1:31 PM

I think I actually lost weight on my last Disneyland trip.

August 7, 2024, 9:03 AM

When on vacation, we usually like to have one or 2 "fancy" meals depending on where we're at, and potentially upgrade our lodging for a night or 2, again depending on where we're at. For instance, we splurged on our most recent trip to stay at the Hotel Charles Lindbergh when visiting Phantasialand. We also will occasionally spend extra to get a park's queue avoidance product if we anticipate heavy crowds or have limited time.

Vacation deals

Park tickets

Subscribe by email

Subscribe by RSS

New attraction reviews

News archive