Best Disney aminated films.

April 24, 2024, 8:10 AM

Up and Coco for me are the Best aminated films.

I do believe Disney could make an attraction out of either of these.

I was hoping Splash Mountain would become Coco, it would have fit nicely with all the music and fluorescents.

Replies (4)

April 24, 2024, 10:12 AM

@Brian - Coco is decent, but in my eyes has always seemed like a ripoff of the far superior Book of Life, which released 3 years earlier. I think one of the most underrated Disney animated movies is Sword in the Stone, which given the sagging quality of Medieval-set films recently, Disney could probably remake or reimagine the classic that would have massive popularity.

Of more recent films, I've always been partial to Pixar's Wall-E and Disney's Wreck it Ralph/Ralph Breaks the Internet. Wall-E seems like a perfect IP to add into Tomorrowland, but aside from a few toys, it's as if the movie doesn't exist in the Disney/Pixar universe. It looked like WDI was going to utilize the Wreck it Ralph IP in EPCOT's Play Pavilion, but who knows where that project stands now. Given that Universal is bringing Nintendo to Orlando, Disney's dig at the gaming giant would be a perfect foil.

Edited: April 25, 2024, 2:08 AM

I recently updated my tier list of Disney/Pixar films. These are the ones I'd consider in the A tier, which is essentially my top ten (listed here alphabetically instead):

Aladdin
Cinderella
Finding Nemo
Inside Out
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Pinocchio
Ratatouille
Toy Story
Toy Story 3
Zootopia

For reference, I have Coco, Up, and all the films Russell mentioned (except Sword and the Stone, which I haven't seen) in my B tier (along with many other films...about 50% are in that tier). They're all good movies that I enjoyed, but not among my favorite films that the company has released. Disney's newest film, Wish, unfortunately got the dishonor of being only the second Disney or Pixar film to be placed into the F tier (which it shares with Cars 2), while last year's Pixar installment (Elemental) wound up in the C tier.

April 25, 2024, 11:10 AM

Sleeping Beauty
Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Fantasia
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Fox and the Hound
Frozen
Mulan
Alice in Wonderland
Great Mouse Detective

April 25, 2024, 3:11 PM

@ Russell - I've also always though Wall-E would be perfect for Tomorrowland. Its just a no brainer for that land.

Up would make an interesting attraction (Balloon ride to Paradise Falls).

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive