What Will happen to priority seating for shows and parades?

Edited: September 7, 2021, 11:34 PM

I AM wondering.... Now that Disney genie is upon us very soon on the everyday operations for the park. What Will happen to those fastpass options that were not actual rides...but rather priority seating for parades, character photo OPS and the fireworks shows and similar experiencies?? Those are coveted places for Many fans. Will they make into genie plus inventory?. Are they just up for grabs, first come first served? Or separtly priced experiencies like the most popular new ride?? Will There be a reservations system like advanced dine reservations? I have not seen any comment. Those in the know please share!!!

Replies (4)

September 8, 2021, 12:11 PM

Frankly the only FP+ show/parade reservation that was worth a lick was for Fantasmic! at DHS. As far as I'm concerned the others were just given out as a way to make guests feel happy about getting a FP for SOMETHING. I think Disney will continue to promote exclusive seating/viewing connected with upcharge events and dining experiences, but putting reserved show/parade seating up as a separate charge or as part of Genie+ doesn't seem very likely. Remember at WDW, guests could hold 3 FP+ reservations at the beginning of the day, and now that they will only be able to hold 1 at a time with Genie+, the demand for additional availability will be cut by a third. That's why WDW had so many FP+ attractions, because they needed to have enough variety and availability to feed the demand of guests grabbing 3 FP+s 30-60 days before they showed up.

Also, let's not forget that reserved seating at shows and parades is labor intensive - not only CMs to scan and direct guests to the reserved areas, but CMs needed to demarcate and keep reserved areas clear. That's partially why WDW pretty much eliminated FP+ reserved areas for parades a few years ago, and only had upcharge spaces and the occasional day where FP+ space would be available due to heavy crowds.

September 8, 2021, 1:59 PM

Quite rigth. Possibly meeting Mickey at the theater or something like it Will go as an option for Genie +. Who knows??

September 9, 2021, 12:48 PM

High demand character greets will almost certainly still have Lightning Lane/FP. Those are low capacity attractions with high demand/long standby lines, so those character meet areas that were already designed with FP access will likely still have it. I don't think those will be part of the upcharge Lightning Lane attractions, but will be an option with Genie+ on both coasts. I also expect Disney to maintain their corporate-sponsored exclusive character meets.

September 10, 2021, 10:44 AM

Thanks Russell!!!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive