(Titan vs Texas Giant) Which is worse?

June 26, 2021, 9:27 PM

I’m trying to get myself to like roller coaster drops, as they terrify me. Whenever I go on drops I get this feeling like Im paralyzed in a way. So if I’m initially going down the drop screaming, it’ll turn into grunting. At Six Flags Over Texas, I’ve been on the Texas Giant. The drop is pretty intense, but it only last a few seconds and the rest of the ride is fun. I want to ride Titan, but I’m extremely terrified of going up and how the drop will feel to me. Anyone who has been on Titan, is it more intense than Texas Giant? How intense is it? And do you have any advice on how I can start to like drops?

Replies (7)

June 27, 2021, 8:28 AM

Titan!!!!

June 27, 2021, 8:28 AM

Titan!!!!

June 28, 2021, 10:10 AM

I haven't been on either but have been on many RMCs and Goliath at SFMM many times, and can say with high confidence that while Titan is bigger, Texas Giant is a much better coaster in pretty much every way. Titan has some turns that give strong positive G's but overall is one of the lamer hyper coasters out there.

It sounds like you haven't been on a lot of coasters so you may find it to be amazing...but its not haha.

June 29, 2021, 10:30 AM

If you are worried about the drops (like I am) then Titan is worst than Texas Giant. I haven't been on them in years but if I remember correctly, Titan has 2 drops and like you said, you go through the drop on Texas Giant really fast while Titan feels like it takes forever! That being said, you should definitely ride Titan! I usually just hold my breath at the beginning of a drop and halfway through it is when I can relax and breath. Weird, huh?

June 29, 2021, 10:13 PM

One has an abundance of ejector and whippy turns and elements.

The other just go vroom vroom and doesn't do much with its speed.

It's really a shame that Giovanola really wasn't creative with the layout. I used to love Goliath (the SFMM clone) as a kid but as I've gotten older I've realized that it could've been so much more. Its footprint is so large and it builds up so much speed but does nothing with it. The lift hill and parts of the helixes at the end are fun but everything else is just... meh. The GP seem to love it so I guess six flags is happy with it but I'm just disappointed in what it could've been.

August 9, 2021, 3:21 AM

Thank you for the helpful advice! No of where we live, we can probably all do a better job of conserving water.
2 player games

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive