Theme Parks; a Conservative and Liberal's Paradise

August 11, 2014, 11:50 AM

I'm very liberal, and I have a friend who is very conservative; we disagree on many issues, but both of us share the same passion for theme parks.

Replies (12)

Edited: August 11, 2014, 2:14 PM

Some slogans...

Walt Disney World: Bringing Republicans and Democrats together to complain about Fastpass+ since 2014.

Universal Orlando: Where people of all beliefs can come together to wait for the Gringotts ride to start running again.

Disneyland: Where it doesn't matter whom you vote for, just that you have an Annual Pass and keep talking about how much better things used to be.

August 12, 2014, 5:03 AM

Disney World: Where liberals have to spend their own money, and the 1% get the behind the scenes tour so they don't have to wait in line with the proletariat.

August 12, 2014, 11:22 AM

I see you purposefully left out the moderates out of your InclusionLand... Nice!

August 12, 2014, 12:50 PM

I just wanted to show how theme parks appeals to a wide range of people. Of course moderates also enjoy theme parks.

August 12, 2014, 1:08 PM

Just Imagine the tan man without a plan - Mr. John Boehner waiting to get on It's a small world ride....

Hahahahaha...

Ya Know - because this line is somehow Obamas fault..

Thanks for the great Thread Dan..

Edited: August 12, 2014, 3:37 PM

More slogans...

Hersheypark: Because who doesn't like chocolate? (Swiss and Belgians not admitted.)

Legoland: Celebrate the building blocks of democracy!

SeaWorld: Fighting climate change deniers on one side and anti-animal-captivity activists on the other. Please come visit us before we're left with no friends at all.

Busch Gardens: Where liberals and conservatives agree -- they both liked us better when we offered free beer.

Canada's Wonderland: Yeah, we are laughing at you, Americans.

Knott's Berry Farm: Whether you support Garfield or Hancock, you're welcome here!

Six Flags: With conservative theming and liberal parking fees, we're open to all.

Carowinds: We're all about straddling the line. (That one was terrible; forgive me!)

August 13, 2014, 4:46 AM

Loved the Carowinds slogan, Robert. +5

August 13, 2014, 10:57 AM

Theme parks are a Liberal's Paradise. Most are owned by Liberal media corporations like Disney and Comcast, but fortunately, they haven't turned the theme parks into liberal heathens and instead are largely conservative in appeal to the general public.

One thing that's clear, look at how Disney treats its workers and ask yourself could it be better?

August 14, 2014, 6:24 PM

I don't think anyone can honestly describe a major non-pubic-broadcaster media corporation these days as "liberal"....

August 15, 2014, 4:54 AM

Typo of the year goes to Chad!

August 16, 2014, 5:05 PM

Really? You can't call major media corporations as Liberal?

There is ONLY one corporation that gives a fair shake to conservatives and that one is FOX. Disney owns ABC and you can tell their liberal bias with The View.

August 17, 2014, 5:11 AM

Actually, Eli, Anon made a very accurate statement, and the viewership numbers bear that out.

If you don't believe that the bias of most reporters and editors who vote overwhelmingly Democrat doesn't affect their presentation of the news, then you are kidding yourself.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive