What will take Star Wars place at LEGOLAND parks? WRONG ANSWERS ONLY

Edited: January 6, 2020, 3:05 PM

Earlier today my husband said that he was disappointed we didn't get a chance to stop in at LEOGLAND California one last time to see the Star Wars Miniland before it closed.
I told him I agreed, but said that he would be excited to know that I'd read here on TPI that the replacement was going to be a LEGO look at sets and scenes from Downton Abby.
He looked momentarily excited and then skeptical as he knows I enjoy playing jokes at his expense (and he is equally a big Star Wars nerd and a diehard Anglophile).
It did make me wonder what Intellectual Property that would be amazing – but would be completely out of place at LEGOLAND do you wish was taking the place of the departing Star Wars Miniland.

Replies (8)

Edited: January 6, 2020, 2:58 PM

Dammit - as soon as I read the headline, I thought "Downton Abbey."

So I'm gonna go with Hawkins, Indiana... but The Simpsons' Springfield would be amazing, too. But no chance since Disney also owns that now.

January 6, 2020, 3:19 PM

Deadpool

January 6, 2020, 3:38 PM

That is obvious.

Lego Aladdin Land.

January 6, 2020, 4:13 PM

Playmobil Miniland!

January 7, 2020, 4:01 AM

I've actually been doing some investigation on this, and I have actually discovered that a group of prominent UK celebraties have actually been working on this. I'm not allowed to mention names... I have this transcript:

1: So Bruce, what ideas have you come up with
2: Well Bruce, I actually have an idea for you to look at.
1: Is that.... Camelot?
3: Camelot??
4: CAMELOT!!
2: Its only a model.

January 7, 2020, 9:26 AM

Dolemite - Pimps, hoes, kung fu and t*tties!

January 7, 2020, 10:11 AM

Lego Election - As if there aren't enough soccer moms yelling and screaming at their kids while on vacation, now they can yell at each other complaining how their favorite candidate is depicted in Legos.

Lego Global Warming - Landscapes of what the Earth will look like in 100 years with ominous giant minifigs of Greta Thunburg and Al Gore presiding over the desolation.

Lego Lego - Scenes of giant, life sized lego minifigs playing with Legos.

Lego Tarantino - Dioramas from each of his feature films. Guests can replay memorable audio and action scenes by pressing buttons - "It's the one that says bad motha..."

Lego Theme Parks - Why visit theme parks around the world, when you can just see them all in one place, in Lego-form of course?

January 7, 2020, 6:31 PM

Well done Russell. I'm also laughing at Keith's suggestioin of Dolemite.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive