SeaWorld/Universal discount tickets

February 4, 2019, 2:31 PM

I've just reread one of Robert's posts about how to get discounts on theme park tickets and remain befuddled. What I want to accomplish is to get a one-day ticket for SeaWorld (although I was there within the past 10 days I want to go again under more pleasant weather conditions) and a one-day ticket to Universal. None of the sites I've looked at thus far - Undercover Tourist, Visit Orlando & AAA - appear to offer that option; I'm just not seeing a package which includes both SeaWorld & Universal. Although I could have purchased tickets in two separate transactions through AAA, I was not getting an option to purchase a ticket to Universal for less than two days. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Replies (4)

February 4, 2019, 3:22 PM

You can't get discounted Universal 1-day tickets anymore. They only apply discounts to multi-day tickets now. You can purchase tickets through the Orlando CityPass, but it's really just a portal to apply standard online discounts to a custom-built combo-ticket. The City Pass used to be a good way to save money, but it's really just pushing standard discounts you can get elsewhere.

In an attempt to reduce counterfeiting, most parks release specific ticket media to authorized ticket discounters, who are able to offer discounts because they purchase in large quantities. Universal single day tickets just don't sell, so the discounters don't buy them. If you were just at Sea World, even though it wasn't a great experience, I would recommend getting a 2-day single park ticket to Universal (assuming you don't want to ride the Hogwart's Express). That will give you the best discount possible, since you could spend 1 day in each park.

February 4, 2019, 7:14 PM

The only discount that I know of for SeaWorld is the one they offer on their web page. The $99.99 for 2 parks is a good saving, if you want to visit Busch Gardens while on vacation here in central Florida ?

February 5, 2019, 12:12 PM

$99.99 for 2 parks is a fantastic deal but then there's the problem of getting from Orlando to Tampa. I just can't handle the driving so the only way I'm going to be able to get in those 2 parks on the same visit is to go when the proposed high speed rail service between Orlando & Tampa is in effect. For the past 2 years I've gone to BGT during the Christmas holidays.

February 5, 2019, 12:37 PM

Bobbie .... they still run the shuttle, if that would help ?

It's free .... :)

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive