For the love of god, PLEASE don't boo in the Hall of Presidents

Edited: December 19, 2017, 11:52 AM

I will also state that I nor anybody can stop you

but........

I am not a fan of this president one bit, but please please for the love of god, do NOT boo during the Hall of Presidents.

You are booing at a robot, not a real man. You look silly, you look petty, you look crazy. He doesn't even look that real.

We need this original attraction to survive this presidency and not give Disney a reason to replace it with Great Moments with Rocket Raccoon.

On the bright side, a new AA will be on its way in 4-8 years (maybe shorter)

Replies (15)

December 19, 2017, 12:59 PM

I'd like to think more decorum than that. After all, last several Presidents had more than their share of haters but no booing so hopefully folks realize it's as stupid as you say.

December 19, 2017, 1:30 PM

No, people booed W and Obama.

I think the whole idea is dumb. You are booing a robot.

December 19, 2017, 1:34 PM

Guess not at my audiences. But yeah, I can see it, just wishing folks had more sense.

Edited: December 19, 2017, 2:00 PM

I concur. As someone who doesn't like Trump, I say don't boo, its just not classy.

If you must send a message, then stay outside and cheer the muppets instead. They don't mind if you Boo - as long as you boo King George; plus the guest visit count is the metric Disney execs are going to be looking at.

December 19, 2017, 3:57 PM

Trump’s speech is innocuous, but it’s also more dramatic and interesting than Bush or Obama’s presentation. If he gets boos, it’ll have a totally different connotations. It won’t be boring.

December 19, 2017, 5:05 PM

I think 45 would be much better suited filling in for Zazu in the now defunct Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management show. Similar look, tone and they both scream and threaten.

December 19, 2017, 9:30 PM

WDI did several obvious things to prevent "audience feedback."
1: There is a big bust of Walt Disney right at entrance of the theater with a poster indicating how Walt envisioned the Hall of Presidents to honor the office.

2: The new show starts out by talking about Walt's vision for a president attraction. By heavily emphasizing Walt it subconsciously sends a message not to act like a fool in the attraction.

3: There is not much opportunity to boo because of no breaks in the script. The last show said "Ladies and Gentlemen: President Barack Obama" before he started speaking. In the new show Trump starts speaking right after George Washington with no break for applause or boo's. The narrator also starts speaking right after Trump stops.

I saw the show today and there was a security person at the theater entrance doors as well as two security people in the theater, one on either side, as well as what looked like a security manager standing in the back. There was a round of applause after the show and nobody seemed to mind Trump being in it.

I give credit to both Disney and the president for putting aside their differences and doing whats right. HOP has always been a great attraction that I would say is Disney doing what Disney does best: bringing people from all races and political agenda's together. Remember Clinton got impeached and Bush started a very controversial war where a lot of people got killed. All presidents have had to make decisions that many people don't agree with and they are still all represented.

December 19, 2017, 11:18 PM

Zazu was the wise-of-heart hornbill from the Lion King. You might be thinking of Iago Rob.

The only time I ever booed a president in HOP was Hoover once, and even then it was a pretty quiet one (loud enough for my family to hear). Sure enough, my father gave me a look afterwards.

December 21, 2017, 9:22 AM

I agree completely with the poster's comments. However, on the thought of why one would boo a robot...we are a passionate people and some of us have strong political opinions, more so than ever before. People boo and shout at their TV screens all the time, as if the entity on the other side can hear them. Of course we are in private and not sitting in a theater with dozens of other people.

But here is the representation of a man that has caused tremendous emotions. It's even his voice you hear speaking directly to you. That is going to upset people who perhaps before entering, think they have a grasp and can handle it. As theme park enthusiasts, we all know and understand protocols and behaviors and would NEVER do this. But I think it is without uncertainty, going to happen.

December 21, 2017, 9:32 AM

Thanks for the scoop "The Man".

I understand the emotion that Trump brings out into people, but we need to be realistic. Its an attraction and a good one at that.

My fear is that Disney will use this as an excuse to get rid of this quasi educational attraction and replace it with something stupid and IP driven.

December 21, 2017, 12:25 PM

Thanks James - That is correct. Iago - the screaming and yelling Gilbert Geoffrey voiced villain from Aladdin.

Edited: January 4, 2018, 3:42 PM

I'll say this, every president from 1 to 45 has elicited anger or some other negative emotion from somebody. If people studied their history and held the same microscope up to all the others as they do to Trump, there would be at least a few reasons somewhere for booing every last one of them. The difference now I think is that a lot more people are incapable of checking their emotions, confusing the virtual world of the internet news sites, message board and social media outlets...with the real world that has real human beings who aren't just a name on a screen, and actual consequences and laws of cause and effect.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has freedom to express it, but acting like a child and having no self awareness or regard for those around you is not going to help your cause. If anything it only reinforces an image of a fool whose political arguments are probably equally as foolish, regardless of what side you are on.

To the self important, emotionally immature adult who feels compelled to have an outburst in the HOP like a toddler would in a restaurant, just know this. People who gave their left arm to enjoy Disney with their family frankly don't give...in the words of Clark W. Griswold...a frog's fat a** what you or anyone else thinks about Donald Trump or Obama or whoever else, but they do care that their precious time and very expensive vacation is being disrupted by the likes of you. Nobody likes what you are doing and nobody wants to listen to you. Politics has a time and a place like everything else, and the park isn't the time or the place. Drop it and have some fun, or just go home and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves.

Edited: January 5, 2018, 12:46 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

...to every one of you who have posted here...

I think the Hall of Deadpools should replace this...

January 10, 2018, 8:11 AM

Well said, by Derek Potter above. To "protesters", no one gives a crap about your opinion and no one should have to have it shoved down their throats -- especially not on vacation. Grow up and keep it to yourselves.

January 16, 2018, 1:25 PM

>Booing Trump
>Not Booing Lincoln

The absolute state of America...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive