Busch Gardens Tampa

November 10, 2017, 9:19 AM

My family is going to do a Busch Gardens Tampa trip in 2018. We usually go to WDW and Universal and have not been to Busch Gardens before.

We are going one day during February school vacation. Our group includes 8 people, ages 10 to 80. Half like coasters.

Any suggestions or tips ?

I'm looking specifically about whether the front-of-the-line passes would likely be worth it, what attractions might be better-than-expected, etc.

All info appreciated and thanks!!

Replies (2)

November 10, 2017, 3:54 PM

Busch Gardens is a great park to visit with the large age group span as in your party. It offers good, some would say great, coasters and plenty of activities based around the animals, in particular the Serengeti area. The kids area is small and themed on Sesame street, but if the youngsters are into Elmo et-al it will keep them busy for a little while. February is the start of the arrival of the spring breakers, and with you being there for school holidays as well, it may turn out to be a busy time. If you can go in mid-week it will certainly help your cause. As for a fast pass ... I’d see what it’s like and make that call when you are there. Be there for park open and get what you can done before lunchtime. The park gets a big influx of people around midday, so enjoy the morning.
I was there yesterday, and apart from someone throwing-up !!! on the Montu train I was waiting to go on ... :( all the rides were a walk on. The Cheetah Hunt was down most of the day due to technical problems but I managed 1 ride at the end of the day.
I’m not sure where you are staying ? but be warned, if you are staying in Orlando and plan to travel there for the day, I4 is a hellish drive, especially for the trip home. But then again I4 is a hellish drive all the time ... LOL !
The Serengeti tour is good, but yesterday I took the train journey and most probably saw just as much. I was very happy to be able to see Winifred the 6 week old rhino ... it certainly is a very nice area. Well worth doing one way or the other.
I could go on about the coasters, but I’m sure other passholders will chip in as well ??
If there’s any specific info you want ask away, and I’ll try and help you out.

November 12, 2017, 12:13 AM

Thanks very much!!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive