Your WDW Unpopular Opinions?

May 2, 2017, 8:26 AM

Which opinions of WDW do you have that others bash or don't agree with? For example, I loved Under New Management and it was my favorite version of the Tiki Room

Replies (23)

May 2, 2017, 1:19 PM

Full disclosure, I have NOT used FastPass+. That being said I will still list it as what I dislike the most. My personal attitude towards vacation is that I do what I want when I want, as long as my wife agrees, and do not like the idea of having to plan out every day of my vacation months in advance. If I decide that I want to go to Epcot instead of Magic Kingdom I like being able to have that choice but when you have to book everything that you want to do months in advance you no longer have that ability unless you want to spend most of your day standing in lines, longer then normal.
I understand why this is good for Disney in that if they can lock you into their parks it increases revenue and keeps you away from the competition. I understand that because I realize that Disney is a business and as such exists to make money, but the new FastPass system just seems to reinforce to me that that is the main goal of Disney is to max profits and the experience of the guest is secondary.

May 3, 2017, 4:55 AM

Frozen Ever After and the Guardians Breakout are two of the worst thought out rides since Stitch's Great Escape and Tiki Room Under New Management!

May 3, 2017, 9:03 AM

Well said Anthony. I agree.

May 3, 2017, 6:12 PM

I completely agree with you, when visiting from out of town fastpasses become another item on the list of things to plan and figure out. And it can be a lot you need to figure out and if your not a planner and more of a go with the flow fastpasses can really mess that up. However as an Annual passholder I am very thankful for the fastpass system. I can book the rides I want when I want and can ensure I'm not waiting in an hour line for something I have been on dozens if not hundreds of times.

May 3, 2017, 7:16 PM

Pirates of the Carribean in the Magic Kingdom is as boring and pointless as It's a Small World.

Edited: May 3, 2017, 7:20 PM

@ Anthony Murphy
"Frozen Ever After and the Guardians Breakout are two of the worst thought out rides since Stitch's Great Escape and Tiki Room Under New Management!"

This is an unpopular opinion?? This seems to be the exact Kool-Aid drinking that most of the Disney purists are crying about and is telling Disney management to do absolutely nothing while Universal walks right past them yanking down their pants in the process.

May 3, 2017, 8:52 PM

DINOSAUR is a pretty mediocre ride

May 4, 2017, 4:10 AM

The Walt Disney World Jungle Cruise is the single greatest achievement in themed entertainment history.

May 4, 2017, 5:14 AM

According to TPI, Jeff, this is a unpopular opinion.

TBH, I am more angry at Frozen Ever After. Californians can screw up their park anyway they would like.

May 4, 2017, 9:43 AM

WDW have great parks, they are beautiful but they are all too damn busy. We have been in April, May October and there is no relief. Always packed.

We even stayed until after the 10 PM fireworks show, at midnight, still busy..... Ugggggggggg......

May 4, 2017, 9:49 AM

The Fantasy land Expansion, is some theming but no real substance. The largest MK expansion ever has two c ticket attractions and a restroom themes as a pub. Missed opportunity there.

May 4, 2017, 10:00 AM

@Brian - I don't think WDW being crowded all the time is an "unpopular opinion", it's just a fact.

Here's mine - Mission: Space is the greatest ride WDI has ever developed.

May 4, 2017, 1:01 PM

Hey Russ - It is unpopular with me anyway... hahahahaha

May 5, 2017, 9:34 AM

Anthony,

Mission Breakout remains to be seen if the actual ride experience is either enhanced, reduced, or at least on the same level as the classic ToT. I just went to DCA about two weeks ago and I can tell you that what they did to the exterior of the ToT is a travesty. What used to be a beautiful and elegant looking hotel now looks like a smorgasbord of clashing colors and disjointed pipes. It's absolutely awful. I'll wait to ride the actual ride experience to judge those merits individually

As for Frozen Ever After, while I did like Maelstrom, I can understand why Disney scrapped it in favor of the Frozen re-skin. From a business perspective, it makes sense. I'll be riding it at the end of the month so hopefully I can properly judge it.

My unpopular WDW opinion is that the Water Parks are a far better value and way to spend your money on a Disney experience if you are visiting in the summer months. The weather is simply TOO humid, hot, and generally uncomfortable (bordering on dangerous) to enjoy the standard theme park experience.

May 9, 2017, 3:35 PM

I'm OK with an evolving Epcot. What we got was never what Uncle Walt envisioned in the first place. The Epcot we got was if nothing else an everlasting world's fair. World's fairs are one of my great passions, but this is not the case with the average theme park guest. WDW needs to develop all of its gates such that the average park guests are beating down the doors to get in. As high minded as our desires are for Future World and World Showcase pavilions showcasing what we had in 1982, that seems to not be what lures Joe Average Theme Park guest in. So, I’d much rather have the park evolve and change than slip into irrelevance

May 9, 2017, 10:26 PM

If your children are too young to remember the visit (i.e. under age four), you should save your money and wait to visit until they are older. (Disney earlier this week was promoting a "kindermoon" vacation for families with preschoolers. Oh, good heavens, no.)

May 10, 2017, 9:13 AM

So, Robert - what they are saying in essence is stay away until the tots are old enough to need to buy a ticket, throw world class tantrums and stomp their feet and demand every thing for sale in the Emporium.

May 10, 2017, 9:18 AM

I agree with Robert on this except when you can trick them into letting them in free if they look young enough. That's unpopular too.

May 10, 2017, 10:14 AM

...that Universal Orlando is more fun in every conceivable way.

May 10, 2017, 3:09 PM

That Mission Space is one of the best attractions at WDW, Spaceship Earth is the best omnimover in the world and Epcot is the best park in WDW.

May 11, 2017, 12:27 PM

Cedar Point is better than any Disney park.

May 12, 2017, 1:41 PM

^Also that

Edited: June 1, 2017, 4:45 AM

Does a TPI unpopular opinion have any merit ?
Been away from this site for a while and can't help noticing how cynical people have become. Old hands like TH and Anthony were always positive ( even if they had to express valid negative views).
What's happened ? We're not getting old now are we ?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive